Monday, March 9, 2009

Have you ever won anything?

My mom and I were shopping for her new home just before Christmas and found a couple of harp-shaped lamps for her at a store called “The Emporium of Warson Woods” on Manchester Rd.

Imagine my surprise when the shop owner, Sally, called in January to say we had won the $500 shopping spree. My mom teases me about my mother-in-law giving her a box of candy back in the 80’s and because my mom lives out of state I had eaten it long before my mom visited (I’m sure I was pregnant). When I called to tell her we had won she said, “I don’t suppose this is like the candy”. I hope her Internet is down…. guess I’ll owe her when she comes in town.

This is the perfect piece for our front hall! Sorry Mom.

Purchased several years ago, the mirror was also from The Emporium and I love the detail of ladybugs and worms. My favorite garden piece was an antique herb drying rack. It was featured in an article about my garden room in St Louis Homes and Lifestyles magazine a few years back. Sally has a wonderful collection of pine and painted furniture. You can find lots of lamps, accessories and antiques from dealers. It is just a fun shop to browse. Maybe you will win the next shopping spree!



The lamp was from Summer House out in Manchester. I have a matching sconce from MKS Designs, 272 Lamp and Lantern, hanging on the front door. And of course, the wooden bowls have the bug theme. I found them at the back of the Thomasville furniture store 10 years ago. They usually have an area of markdowns.


I move things around constantly until it just comes together. When you find something you love, it always has a place in your home. Thanks again to The Emporium and my Mom--the front hall is now complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment